- This event has passed.
Queer Inclusive Workshop
June 2, 2022 @ 5:00 pm
Queer Kentucky’s Queer Inclusive Workshops are going on a statewide tour!
Thanks to Kentucky for Kentucky, JP Davis Partners and the rest of our supporting sponsors, this workshop is FREE to the public.
1. A rudimentary understanding of why trans-inclusivity matters from both a human and business perspective.
2. Definition and exploration of terms one must know as a trans- inclusive employer.
3. Discussion on the intersectionality of racism and its relationship to homophobia and transphobia.
4. Best practices for making your workplace trans-inclusive.
5. An introduction to the concept of microaggressions: how to navigate them when they happen and how to avoid them through intentional, inclusive communication.
6. Discussion on intersectionality of Queerness and people with disabilities and neurodivergence